The American Society of Plastic Surgeons just released their annual report showing that Americans spent more than $13.5 billion on combined surgical and nonsurgical procedures in 2015.
- There was a $1.5 billion dollar increase in expenditures for combined surgical and nonsurgical procedures from 2014 to 2015.
- Surgical procedures accounted for 58% of the total expenditures in 2015.
- Nonsurgical procedures in 2015 accounted for 42% of the total expenditures in 2015.
Top 3 Surgical Procedures in 2015
- Liposuction- 396,048 procedures
- Breast Augmentation – 305,856 procedures
- Tummy Tuck- 180,717 procedures
Top 3 Non-Surgical Procedures in 2015
- BOTOX- 4,267,038 procedures
- Hyaluronic Acid- 2,148,326 procedures
- Hair Removal- 1,136,834 procedures
Read the full report here: 2015 Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics